I really enjoyed this reading that we had this week. I felt as if it was really something that I could relate to. I have been reading blogs for the past couple of years, but never really thought about the educational benifits--let alone the idea of writing one on my own.
The Reflections article seemed really "meta" to me, which is great because "meta" is one of my favorite aspects of communication. I love learning about what I am learning about, and discussing what I am discussing--if that makes any sense. I am working on a project now to help write a curriculum for a new course or seminar that includes both reflection and professional development. It will be interesting to consider how I might be able to incorporate blogs.
At the same time, however, I am a bit shaky still about this class. I mean, it is cool that I have my blog set up, but I really have no idea or direction as to the project assignment that we have this week. I am sure I will figure something out, and once I do, it will be one of those situations where I am like "Ohhhh! That's so simple!"
In the meantime, thank to those of you that have already commented on my blog, and I look forward to doing the same for you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's great that you are already working on a project to create a curriculum that involves reflection and professional development. I think this paper will help you add some important aspects to your curriculum. I think the shakes will flatten out soon.
I completely understand where you are coming from with your uncertainty with blogging. While I'm really genuinely excited about doing something new with an online course, blogging is completely different in that we aren't being assessed on meeting some sort of outcome...so it's a bit unnerving because the waters are uncharted. It's a truly individual experience. I expect it will get get easier...you're not alone in your uncertainty!
Dave,
I'm still pretty shaky about the class myself!
I'm just starting to get a little more comfortable with blogging and using online tools I've never used before, let alone heard about.
However, I believe the class will be a huge help to you regarding your work project. Good luck!
Post a Comment